Four-digit numbers
When I see a four-digit number starting with 19, or anything in the low 2000's for that matter, my brain recognizes it first as a year. Right now, the number of unread messages in my gmail inbox is hovering around 2003, and ticks up by one every time I get an email that I deem worthy of keeping, but not worthy of reading.
Watching that number rise over the past couple days has been wonderfully surreal. I suspect this all sounds quite retarded, but looking down at my taskbar I see, right now, "Gmail - Inbox (2003)," and I read it as a year. The next time I recieve an email, an entire year will have gone by.
I can't wait to recieve three more saveworthy-but-not-readworthy emails, because then... then it will be the future.


4 Comments:
Travis advertised you and I figured I'd come over and say 'hi' instead of working on my book like I should be.
Good to see that you're a proud supporter of the Crastination political movement.
I figured I'd come over and say hi too instead of working at erm...work...
The world needs more crastinators. Especially professional ones.
*wave*
And don't forget the square tuits! I mean, you wouldn't want to get stuck with a round one.
Post a Comment
<< Home