ker-FLOOSH
It's a beautiful summer's day. The sun is shining and the temperature is in the 90s with just the right breeze. Why am I bundled up like it's winter?
Because it's fscking cold in the server room!
Let me tell you about the restrooms down here. The toliets flush automatically, but they're not on motion sensors. They're not on timers either. What then, decides when the water flows? The door. Every time someone comes in or leaves, the toliets flush.
Well, technically only the urinals, but I wanted to give you enough time to imagine your favorite porcelain friend suddenly flushing while you're on it.
More amusing bathroom stories available by request. I've got a great one from a few days ago, and another winner from last week.
UPDATE:
One good thing about working down here is that I get to sing loudly and dance around like an idiot. You know, like the janitory in every movie every made. I rock, baby.


2 Comments:
I've been in the Bay Area long enough now that 90 sounds hellishly hot. Today it's 70 and sunny, but I'm in the basement lab, where it is more like 85, noisy, and with the faint scent of pump oil.
Usually it's not quite so bad, but the air conditioner that keeps our vacuum pumps cool is broken. And without the A/C we can't run the pumps in a soundproofed box, either. Hence, hot and loud...
That toilet story is disturbing...
Post a Comment
<< Home