rm -rvf *_*
Doesn't the "*_*" look like a little face? In fact, he looks like a deer caught in the headlights of the impending rm.
(Context: "rm" is the unix command to delete a file, "-rvf" is a set of options that specifies recursive, verbose and forced, and "*_*" is a glob that matches any filename with an underscore. (Hey, I think that last comma isn't supposed to be there, but the associativity gets kind of messy without it, don'cha think?))


3 Comments:
The last comma is entirely appropriate, although optional. You could also insert another comma between "verbose" and "and forced", if you wanted; you can always choose whether to put a comma between the last two members of a list. The extra comma tends to put more emphasis on the last member of the set, but it's mostly a stylistic decision.
As I found out while in one of these meetings about our paper, the final comma is sometimes known as the Oxford comma.
I always put in that comma. I prefer that style even though there isn't any particularly rational reason for me to care about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home