Thursday, September 01, 2005

I diddle myself in the server room

Or at least that's the running joke at work. I haven't actually done anything inappropriate down there, aside from caressing the racks and some occasional heavy breathing. I'll leave it as an excercise to the reader to decide whether that's due to lack of desire or courage. Perhaps both?

Here's what impressed me, though. We maintain a blog for our cluster now, basically a collaborative logfile of who's-fixing-what and what-broke-when. A few days ago, someone posted to this blog as me, claiming I was misbehaving down in the server room. I looked at the time of the posting, and thought back... what was happening then? Aha! At that precise time, our sysadmin walked into our office. "Hey Tim, can I use your laptop for a sec?" He sits down right next to me, and procedes to "work" for a few minutes, then he leaves.

Yes, I had left a browser logged into blogger on the laptop.

I'm impressed. I think the word is "artful."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home