Thursday, October 06, 2005

Quiet lately?

No, I've just been really busy. Work keeps me busy, naturally, but at least it's fun.

I've been dancing again quite a bit lately. In fact, my schedule just a'sploded, and I'm spending four nights a week down at Let's Dance. I also might be spending one night a week (in addition) at Salcita, the Caltech Salsa club. Wowzers. It's crazy fun though, and the teachers down at Let's Dance are uber. Ask me why and I'll tell you. Don't forget--both my parents teach dance, so I do actually have standards for once.

All that, and I managed to finish Makai Kingdom yesterday. If you're hungry for some Nippon Ichi lovin' while you wait for Disgaea 2 (which I anticipate far more at this point than whatever Skweenix has on deck), it's fun, but not real deep or wonderful or anything. The dialog is pleasantly irreverant, however, and that's worth something.

I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier. I have NO FARKING CLUE what that means, but the Killers album Hot Fuss is a real hoot. It's also conveniently organized, with all of the Good songs on the first half of the album, and all of the decent songs on the second half. Well, it kinda spoils the play-the-whole album thing, as I tend to move on at that point, but those first six or so tracks rock something fierce.

On the topic of music, I'm still working on my take on the mix CD the Gazebo gave me. I'll post it here when it's ready. In addition, I've got a protoplasmic idea for something else "cool" (note the quotes! zomg) to do. Word.

Orson Scott Card wrote a nice little review of Serenity. Even if you've seen the movie already, I think it's worth a read.

That's it for now. Laters!

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 06, 04:29:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot Fuss is very strongly represented in the playlist I use for going running. I think four of the first five songs are on there.

 
At Thu Oct 06, 04:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger Lemming said...

Listening to it right now myself, and I realized that there are some songs on the second half that I really like, and I always forget about for some reason...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home