Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Serious Gaming

I saw Ford GT versus GT4 linked to from Fark. They played GT4 using a couple of the cars, then went to Laguna Seca and drove them around the track for real. That's gaming proper, if you ask me.

The article goes on a bit on how hard they worked on making the simulation very accurate, and mad props for that. I do have to say though, they didn't really do a good job with the Prius. I don't blame them, of course--the geartrain on the Prius is a special little beast all on it's own. It's pretty cool how it actually works, and I found this link to be very informative on that topic. It's a far more elegant approach than the convoluted nonsense I imagined was going on under Hunny's hood--Hunny is the name of my Prius, for those of you who haven't been properly introduced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home