Friday, October 07, 2005

Silly games I play

So I'm walking around, listening to Daft Punk - Veridis Quo on my iPod. Fantastic song. They do this thing where the intro makes it seem like the beat is about a half-step out of phase with what it really is, in a way that smoothly makes sense once the drums kick in. Until then though, you're pretty convinced of what's the up and the down beat.

Given that I know the song does this already, I try and step (remember, I'm walking around) to the actual beat of the song, but before it's obvious what that is. Now, I could just "step to the up-beat," but that would be cheating. So I have to stay completely focused to convince myself that the beat isn't quite where it seems, and I keep on walking.

Then comes the big payoff. The drum track kicks in, and what do you know, I'm already there. Woot. It really feels like the music is following you at that point, and not the other way, and there's this sudden weight lifted from your shoulders, and for just a moment you feel like a badass proper.

Mmmm...

On another note, I seem to have forgotten to brush my hair after I taking my shower this morning. It's a real mess up there, but at least it's fairly short...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home