Friday, January 13, 2006

Fleeting moments of pleasure with pretty girls

No, not that.

I just now got back from my second daring adventure out to a salsa club. Specifically, the Granada has what amounts to "noob night" every Friday, where they play slightly slower, slightly shorter songs, along with a mix of ballroom. Oh, and a live band.

You want to know what's an embarassing scenario? You walk up to the prettiest girl in the room and ask her to dance. She smiles and says, "yes." You get out on the floor... and realize you don't know how! You see, they were playing what I think was a Rhumba (not the vacuum!) number. Bah!

In any case, much fun was had.

I was frustrated for a bit, because it felt like the few patterns I know got old and boring even sooner than expected. I figured it out though--I'm not doing basics anymore. I actually do a decent job of flowing straight from one pattern to the next, spacing things out with cross body leads or rotaters at the worst. I suppose the only real solution is to learn more stuffs! ZOMG!

1 Comments:

At Mon Jan 16, 06:08:00 PM PST, Blogger Mason said...

Maybe embarrassing, but it sounds like a successful evening to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home