Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Futureheads - Decent Days and Nights

Shades of the Ramones, perhaps? Well, that's what it reminds me of, at least. Clean and simple, energetic--this is fun music. Jumping into this song coming straight out of the Delgados' track feels good, kind of like stretching your legs after a long car ride. I have no idea why that makes sense, but it's exactly what it feels like...

What is it about this sort of music that makes it so fun to listen to? If you work it out, tell me what you find.

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 13, 02:49:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried about five or six songs in this slot, trying to hit the right tone following I Fought the Angels. I don't remember what gave me the idea to try this one--maybe it played on my iPod that morning--but once I did, it was obviously what I was looking for. I agree, the energy of the song is key to this placement. If this CD were a movie, I Fought the Angels would be the opening credit sequence building up tension and Decent Days and Nights would be the flashy chase scene that kicks off the plot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home