Friday, October 21, 2005

The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

The word of the day is auralgasm.

You know that feeling you get where your spine tingles and the hair on the back of your neck stands up? It's not at all unlike the sensation you get when a pretty girl nibbles on your earlobes.

At exactly 1:50 into the song, hubbahubbawow. After easing up just a little bit, it does it again at 3:36. Wow, I mean, is this what it's like for girls? I think we may have gotten the short end of the stick. *coughcough*

The lyrics of this song confound me more than any other track on the album. Why? Because I really like them, and they almost make sense. I feel like there's a part of me that understands them perfectly (or at least perfectly in it's own little way) and really digs it, while the rest of my brain stands around in awkward silence. So yeah, um, how about them local rock bands? Know any good jokes?

Could it be that this song was placed immediately following the previous track (The Faint - Your Retro Career Meh Meh Mememelted) because it's the only one that wouldn't get lost in the wash? I do think that there really wasn't any choice but to put these two songs together.

I'm halfway done! Yay! I'll take a moment to mention that I'm also working on a mix CD to show my appreciation. I'm not nearly the expert that Gazebo is, but there is a bit of a niche area that I have some exposure to... I don't think I'll be able to do a very good job matching up to his tastes, but it'll be an interesting collection at the very least, I assure you. I'm also working on a second playlist for myself. The titles are "Front & Back" and "Shellfishness," respectively.

2 Comments:

At Fri Oct 21, 03:26:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's more or less what happened: in my first few iterations I had different songs after "Retro Career" and none of them seemed to work, but this one was perfect.

I think I understand the lyrics in a sort of vague way. Maybe I should post my interpretation?

I'm looking forward to the mix CD. :)

 
At Mon Oct 24, 04:57:00 PM PDT, Blogger Lemming said...

I'd definitely like to read/hear your take on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home