The Faint - Your Retro Career Melted
Wow. This is probably my favorite track on the CD. Oddly, I found the chorus really grating at first, but it has since grown on me a little. The rest of the vocals, however, kick my ass so hard I can't really sit comfortably anymore.
Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense now that I find the previous track so unmemorable--it's like kissing Clementine's little sister!
Can anyone give a clue as to wtf the lyrics are about?
I have since bought two of The Faint's albums, Danse Macabre and Wet from Birth, both of which I find dangerously delightful. It's like taking what I really like about Pretty Hate Machine and distilling it into, um, something distilled. I see that the Gazebo has previously mentioned these two albums in particular. I just listened to some samples on iTMS and bought what I couldn't not buy. I should listen to him more often...


1 Comments:
Ha, I had a feeling you'd like this one. I have no idea what the lyrics are on about either. I guess they're trying to evoke some surrealist imagery? I imagine it in a comic book format, because voices appear from the staff outside / in bulbous text in a western style makes me think of speech bubbles.
Post a Comment
<< Home