Desert Eagle - Ratatat
On my first play through the album, this was my favorite track. It got old fast, and that's no longer the case, but it's still a good time. The song does get boring after a while, and I've been trying to figure out why. There are very similar pieces by Orbital and Daft Punk which I still go ape shit over, even on pseudo-infinite repeat. In particular there's Veridis Quo, which I previously mentioned. What's the difference? I'm not positive, but the amount of subtle variation going on in the back of the Oribtal or Daft Punk tracks (well, at least the ones I like) is a bit higher. It's still hard to quantify, so who knows? Anyway, this track would be awesome at about 3:05 (no, don't go looking for that spot in the song, that's not the joke), but it's still great in the background.
As far as the lyrics, wow. It seems like every single word was carefully chosen as to fit just right. I mean, someone get me a sammich. What? No, I'm just hungry.


2 Comments:
Apologies for my predeliction towards empty-conjunction jokes.
I know what you mean, I tend to get tired of Ratatat if I play it too much, so I try to restrict my doses. "Desert Eagle" is one of their tracks that has had more staying power with me.
Post a Comment
<< Home