Fischerspooner - Just Let Go
This is my least favorite track on the entire album. That is to say, it's just okay. The only feeling the song evokes is a slight bout of bobbing my head around 3:15. Well, that and a slight desire to hit the "next track" button.
The lyrics do actually get to me, come to think of it. They keep repeating, "Just let go." It starts to make me feel like they're lecturing me--maybe I've got some issues I'm feeling guilty about. Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a


1 Comments:
The lyrics seem to be advocating instinct as more precise than rational calculation, in a competitive or combat situation: like Obi-Wan saying "Let go, Luke". But the simple phrase "Just let go" can be read in a number of ways. For example, on a run a few weeks ago I developed a stomachache about halfway through due to something I had eaten the night before. This song is on the running playlist, and it came up as I was desperately trying to get back home. At that particular moment "Just let go" was not advice that I wanted to hear.
Post a Comment
<< Home