Belle & Sebastian - The Loneliness of the Middle Distance Runner
When I was in high school, I ran cross country for the company. Dangnuts.
I can never remember what this song sounds like. It's a shame, because listening to it right now I find it very soothing, and soothing is exactly what I happen to be in need of right now. So very chill.
I don't really have anything else interesting to say about this track, though maybe that's just because of my current mood. I can say that I tried to google for the lyrics, and was only able to turn up an Iron Maiden song of the same name.


2 Comments:
Belle & Sebastian tend to have pretty opaque lyrics. This one seems melancholy but I'm not sure exactly what it's about. The band website does have all their lyrics posted: "Runner" is here, but that didn't give me much insight.
I have a lot of their music and I wish I could say why I picked this particular song, but I didn't have any conscious rationale; it just seemed to fit.
I have the same problem, with never being able to really remember what the song actually sounds like unless I'm listening to it. I clearly remember the lead singer's voice, but I can't grab a melody or even any lyrics.
I also tend to not recognize what this song is if I'm not paying attention, until the title lyric comes along.
Post a Comment
<< Home