Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Firk Ding Blast!

Dammit, that sucked. I dented my car. It's fairly minor, completely superficial, but it still sucks. I caved in a corner of the front bumper. It didn't even scratch the light fixture (thank goodness). As I understand it, having that kind of body work done is really expensive.

Don't you hate that sinking feeling you get when you suddenly realize that you've made a mistake that's going to cost you, at the very least, hundreds of dollars?

In case you're curious about the specifics, I was dropping off OneMike. The guest parking spaces for his complex are packed into two super-tight pairs of spots. If two SUVs pulled in, neither would probably be able to open their doors at all. On the far right, there's also this post. An evil post, as it turns out. I guess all it really comes down to though (omgthoughthough!) is that I was careless.

So hey, anyone know any good body shops around Pasadena?

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 16, 07:42:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's completely superficial, I'd just leave it alone. It'll still cost you (I'm probably within 6 months or so of finally "paying" for all my unrepaired dings and dents), but only when you sell the car. Thus the cost will be paid many years later, and if I understand KBB values correctly I believe the difference between "good" and "fair" condition (or whatever the terms are) tends to be less than the cost of body work to repair the dents...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home