One less thing to worry about
I'm one baby step closer to my continuing goal of cutting my annual salary in half.
That is to say I now have three (pending) solid letters of recommendation--albeit only two of them are from faculty. I think they'll do.
Remaining milestones: subject test (a week from Saturday), writing my essays (immediately following) and submitting the applications (starting on Dec 1st).
On a completely unrelated note, my impending fiery doom has been postponed until further notice. (via Fark, then Boingboing, so you've probably already seen it.)


3 Comments:
One of my letters of recommendation wasn't from a faculty member, and it's the one everyone commented on when they admitted me, in a good happy positive way.
Where are you applying?
Um, something like 13 or 14 schools. I'll find the list at some point and post it--not that I think about it, I wouldn't mind any commentary people have on any of the schools.
There's nothing wrong with one not being faculty. You mean Randy, right?
I wrote letters as a postdoc (though technically temporary faculty, so it's not 100% the same as staff) for my students. One of them got a comment from Tom Hou at Tech specifically about how complementary my letter was.
It's different when you apply for postdoc and tenure-track positions as far as the rank of your recommender is concerned.
Post a Comment
<< Home